Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Thanks. My name is ***** *****, and I had a question about…

Customer Question
Thanks for asking. My...

Thanks for asking. My name is ***** *****, and I had a question about filing income tax returns.

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

So my question is, I worked in MA for the first half of 2015, then moved to NJ for a job in NY. Does this mean I have to file income tax returns in all three states?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/18/2016
Tax Professional: MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
MequonCPA
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer -

You will file a Massachusetts part year resident return, a New Jersey part year resident return and a New York, non-resident return. You will receive a credit on your New Jersey return for some if not all of the tax you pay to New York. That way there is no double taxation.