Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Thanks. My name is ***** *****, and I had a question about…

Customer Question
Thanks for asking. My...

Thanks for asking. My name is ***** *****, and I had a question about filing income tax returns.

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

So my question is, I worked in MA for the first half of 2015, then moved to NJ for a job in NY. Does this mean I have to file income tax returns in all three states?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/18/2016
Tax Professional: MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 2 years ago
MequonCPA
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer -

You will file a Massachusetts part year resident return, a New Jersey part year resident return and a New York, non-resident return. You will receive a credit on your New Jersey return for some if not all of the tax you pay to New York. That way there is no double taxation.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney