Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Re: 1/2 penalty to timely file contribution at age 72. Is…

Customer Question
Re: 1/2 penalty for failure...
Re: 1/2 penalty for failure to timely file for employee contribution at age 72. Is there any way to seek relief for this penalty?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/18/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 2 years ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You can request an abatement of any penalty as long as you have a reasonable cause, a situation beyond your control like illness, sudden death in the family. natural disaster or even relying on professional advice could be used as reasonable cause. If this was your first offense, you can request first-time abatement (FTA) penalty waiver. There's no specific form, you will have to write a letter to IRS requesting the abatement.

Any questions?

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.