How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3120
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Re: 1/2 penalty to timely file contribution at age 72. Is

Customer Question

Re: 1/2 penalty for failure to timely file for employee contribution at age 72. Is there any way to seek relief for this penalty?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You can request an abatement of any penalty as long as you have a reasonable cause, a situation beyond your control like illness, sudden death in the family. natural disaster or even relying on professional advice could be used as reasonable cause. If this was your first offense, you can request first-time abatement (FTA) penalty waiver. There's no specific form, you will have to write a letter to IRS requesting the abatement.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Any questions?

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I see you offline now. So if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.