Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My husband is a 100% disabled veteran He gets Social

Customer Question
security disability I...
My husband is a 100% disabled veteran He gets Social security disability I retired 4 years ago but wasn't old enough to take any payments from my 401K retirement. This last year we did take $10.000. from the retirement. Would we have to file income tax this year.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
2/17/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

The $10,000 from your 401k would be added to half his SS. If that amount is more than $32,000 you have to file.

If they withheld any from your 401k for taxes you want to file anyway to get a refund of the taxes withheld.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Respond below

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4