How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15330
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is a 100% disabled veteran He gets Social

Customer Question

My husband is a 100% disabled veteran He gets Social security disability I retired 4 years ago but wasn't old enough to take any payments from my 401K retirement. This last year we did take $10.000. from the retirement. Would we have to file income tax this year.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


The $10,000 from your 401k would be added to half his SS. If that amount is more than $32,000 you have to file.

If they withheld any from your 401k for taxes you want to file anyway to get a refund of the taxes withheld.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Respond below