How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 16580
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a Swedishh citizen with a card. I am and get 3

Customer Question

I am a Swedishh citizen with a green card. I am 69 and get 3 different pensions from Sweden. One from the government pension fund and two from private employment in Sweden. The Swedish counterpart to IRS claims that I have to pay tax for all pensions in Sweden. Is this correct?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question -- yes, you will have to pay tax on pensions in Sweden, and according to the US-Sweden tax treaty, since it was earned by service performed in Sweden it's only taxable there -- it will not be taxable in the US. (Article 19)

Please let me know if you need anything additional -- if not, please rate positive.