Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CFE, CMA, CGMA who teaches accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I am a Swedishh citizen with a card. I am and get 3

Customer Question

I am a Swedishh citizen with a green card. I am 69 and get 3 different pensions from Sweden. One from the government pension fund and two from private employment in Sweden. The Swedish counterpart to IRS claims that I have to pay tax for all pensions in Sweden. Is this correct?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question -- yes, you will have to pay tax on pensions in Sweden, and according to the US-Sweden tax treaty, since it was earned by service performed in Sweden it's only taxable there -- it will not be taxable in the US. (Article 19)

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-trty/sweden.pdf

Please let me know if you need anything additional -- if not, please rate positive.