Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I HAVE A CLIENT THAT HAS A FINAL 1120-S. IT HAS BEEN A TIME…

Customer Question
HELLO I'M DANY...I HAVE...

HELLO I'M DANY...I HAVE A CLIENT THAT HAS A FINAL 1120-S. IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I HAVE CLOSED A BALANCE SHEET. I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT THE ADJUSTMENT IS, DAH. THE COMPANY WENT OUT OF BUSINESS, HUGE NEG R\E, LOANS NOT PAID AND NO EQUITY IN ANY EQUIPMENT

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

.I HAVE A CLIENT THAT HAS A FINAL 1120-S. IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I HAVE CLOSED A BALANCE SHEET. I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT THE ADJUSTMENT IS, DAH. THE COMPANY WENT OUT OF BUSINESS, HUGE NEG R\E, LOANS NOT PAID AND NO EQUITY IN ANY EQUIPMENT

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Also, what about goodwill and finance costs that were amortized
2/17/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

If the business is not sold.

The goodwill that was purchased and amortized is classified as amortizable section 197 intangible asset.

You will report the disposition of that asset (assuming it becomes worthless - and there will be a loss.

It is not clear what you meant under "finance costs" is that a loan?

Let me know if you need any help with reporting.

Otherwise,

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor