Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

If you sell a home in 2015 do you have to file it on your…

Customer Question
If you sell a home...
If you sell a home in 2015 do you have to file it on your taxes?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/16/2016
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 2 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Q: If you sell a home in 2015 do you have to file it on your taxes?

A: If you sold the home in 2015, yes, you will report the sale on your taxes whether you incurred a gain or a loss. You do this by completing Forms 8949 and the Schedule D.

Link to Form 8949:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8949.pdf

Link to Schedule D:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040sd.pdf

For more information about the sell of your home, you can also refer to IRS Pub 523.

Link to IRS Pub 523:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p523.pdf

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant