Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I lost my job in hawaii last year and had to move my

Customer Question
permanent residency to Tennessee in...
I lost my job in hawaii last year and had to move my permanent residency to Tennessee in June 2015 which is a non tax state on earned income. Can I get reimbursed from Hawaii on taxes withheld on my income for those 6 months employed since i no longer reside there?
Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
2/16/2016
Tax Professional: Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert replied 1 year ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

Not entirely. What you need to do is to file a Part-Year Resident return in Hawaii.

You may be entitled to a partial refund.

Just checking in...................

I see that you have had a chance to review my response, but I don't see any follow-up questions?

If you do not have any additional questions, I would appreciate it if you would take a minute to rate my response as that is the only way we receive credit for our work.

Thanks very much,

Stephen G.
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert