Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am yrs of age and I suffer from Parkinson' Disease. I am…

Customer Question
I am yrs of age...
I am yrs of age and I suffer from Parkinson' Disease. I am under a Drs. Care for this.
I would like to know if modifications to my (owned) house and property to accommodate
my condition for safety reasons primarily are deductible expenses
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/16/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Some expenses might be deductible as medical expenses.

You can include in medical expenses amounts you pay for special equipment installed in a home, or for improvements, if their main purpose is medical care for you, your spouse, or your dependent. The cost of permanent im-provements that increase the value of your property may be partly included as a medical expense. The cost of the improvement is reduced by the increase in the value of your property. The difference is a medical expense. If the value of your property isn't increased by the improvement, the entire cost is included as a medical expense.
Certain improvements made to accommodate a home to your disabled condition, or that of your spouse or your dependents who live with you, don't usually increase the value of the home and the cost can be included in full as medical expenses.

Let me know if you need any help with reporting.

Otherwise,

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.