Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I already e-filed my 2015 return thru tubo tax ,and forgot

Customer Question
hi, I already e-filed my...
hi, I already e-filed my 2015 return thru tubo tax ,and forgot to put my pension and soc. security on what can I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
2/16/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

Wait for your original return to process (this is generally after the refund is issued or if balance due then 4 weeks) and send in 1040X showing the correction.

You can do this through TurboTax.

You cannot e-file the 1040X and it will need to be mailed.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2952222-how-do-i-amend-the-2015-taxes-i-filed-with-turbotax-online

If my answer was helpful please let me know

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4