How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15328
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I already e-filed my 2015 return thru tubo tax ,and forgot

Customer Question

hi, I already e-filed my 2015 return thru tubo tax ,and forgot to put my pension and soc. security on what can I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


Wait for your original return to process (this is generally after the refund is issued or if balance due then 4 weeks) and send in 1040X showing the correction.

You can do this through TurboTax.

You cannot e-file the 1040X and it will need to be mailed.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

If my answer was helpful please let me know