Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What is the new deduction 1040 form over 65 years old,

Customer Question
What is the new...

What is the new deduction for 2015 1040 form for people over 65 years old

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Regular is 12,600. last year for people filing joint return. the deduction for people born before jan. 2, 1949 was 14,800. need to know what it is for 2015.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/16/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

See page 26 in following publication

Standard Deduction Chart for People Born Before January 2, 1951

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p501.pdf

So - if both spouses born before January 2, 1951 and none are blind - the standard deduction for 2015 is $15,100.
Let me know if you need any help with reporting.

Generally - you woudl need to use attached worksheet Standard Deduction Chart for People Born Before January 2, 1951, or Who are Blind

and calculate your standard deduction.

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.

Generally - you would need to use attached worksheet Standard Deduction Chart for People Born Before January 2, 1951, or Who are Blind

and calculate your standard deduction.

.