How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15342
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question about 1099's. it is my understanding that

Customer Question

I have a question about 1099's for employees. it is my understanding that if they are "employees" ALL wages must be reported on the W2. This includes: incentive bonuses, car allowance, per diem, phone allowance
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had reports from employees that they received a 1099 for incentive bonuses, car allowance, per diem, and phone allowance these wages were not reported on their W2 as taxable income
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


You are correct that all wages are to be shown on the W2 of employees.

The bonus they were paid by another employer and shown on 1099MISC would not have been correct.

You should stay with the reporting that is correct.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Please respond