How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15730
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are rules $5000 on Oklahoma Tax return child

Customer Question

What are rules for deducting $5000 on Oklahoma Tax return for foster child (children)i.e.,
length of time in home, more than one deduction if more than one child?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


Deduction for Providing Foster Care

If you contract with a child-placing agency, as defined in 10 OS Sec. 402, you may deduct $5,000 for expenses incurred providing foster care. Married persons filing separately in a year in which they could have filed a joint return may each claim only $2,500.

There is no restriction on the taxpayers' income. The deduction can be taken once per year.

You file Oklahoma form 511C Adjustments.

Please remember to rate my service excellent once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!