How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 55278
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a real estate broker with an s. Corp. I regularly

Customer Question

Hi. I am a real estate broker with an s. Corp. I regularly commission an artist for staging purposes as well as gifts for clients. I have paid her well over $600 this year. Do I need to send her a 1099?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Kelly. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Unless the artist is formed as a corporation or LLC and you've made the payments to that entity, yes, you do need to issue her a 1099-Misc since payments were in excess of $600. You can find the specific guidelines regarding to who you must issue at 1099-Misc at the following link:

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!