Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am a real estate broker with an s. Corp. I regularly

Customer Question
Hi. I am a real...
Hi. I am a real estate broker with an s. Corp. I regularly commission an artist for staging purposes as well as gifts for clients. I have paid her well over $600 this year. Do I need to send her a 1099?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/16/2016
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 2 years ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Good morning Kelly. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Unless the artist is formed as a corporation or LLC and you've made the payments to that entity, yes, you do need to issue her a 1099-Misc since payments were in excess of $600. You can find the specific guidelines regarding to who you must issue at 1099-Misc at the following link: https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1099msc/ar02.html

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!