How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15428
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was working oversea years. I returned in 2014 and started

Customer Question

I was working oversea for 5 years. I returned in 2014 and started to work in real estate. I did a tax return for that period July 2014 to June 2015.
I am still working and will complete a further return at the end of this financial year.
The tax office has written to me saying I didn't complete a return for 2009 to June 2014, when I was living overseas. What do I do please?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


Australian residents working overseas must still declare all foreign employment income – even if tax was taken out in the country where it was earned.

If you’ve paid foreign tax on employment income or capital gains in another country, you may be entitled to an Australian foreign income tax offset.

You need to complete and lodge your returns for the years you were abroad.