Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Can business-related losses be carry forwarded

Customer Question
for a disregarded-entity LLC?...
Can business-related losses be carry forwarded for a disregarded-entity LLC?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/15/2016
Tax Professional: Mark D, Enrolled Agent replied 2 years ago
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent

Hello, is the a Schedule C (trade or business) or E (rental property) LLC? What state?

Schedule C (trade or business) in VA

Thanks. The loss on Schedule C would offset your other income on form 1040. If the result is a negative number, that could create a Net Operating Loss that can be carried back or carried forward on your personal taxes. There will be no direct LLC loss. It will all be reflected on your personal return.

Did that clarify my answer? If so please rate as that is how I am paid.

Hello, did that answer your question? Please rate if so.