How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I corrected the items to allow me to e-file. They were on

Customer Question

I corrected the items to allow me to e-file. They were on Earned Income Credit with my son as a full student. I e-filed and then found out that Turbo Tax did not change my filing status from single to head of Household. Thus my 1040 was e-filed with incorrect information. A problem flag to the IRS is filing Single and with a full time student. I now have to file an amended 1040. I work with other systems and they update all schedules when a correction is made. There is no excuse for Turbo Tax to not do that. Very disappointed in you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. You have to talk to Turbo Tax about the issue. This is a public forum that has nothing to do with Turbo tax.