Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Should i be concerned that my federal tax needs further

Customer Question
review. i filled on the...
should i be concerned that my federal tax needs further review. i filled on the 24th of January and my status bar still shows being processed
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
I do have an offset due to a VA debt but the amount is less than the total amount of my refund.
2/14/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Yes - if your tax status was not updated within three weeks - that most likely means - your tax return was taken for so-called desk audit - and pending review.

It is not clear what exactly triggered that delay.

I might suggest to wait one more week and if not cleared for processing - you might want to contact the IRS directly.

You may verify the status here

https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Any questions or further updates?