Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My daughter's return rejected because someone else claimed

Customer Question
her daughter. Father denies it...
My daughter's return rejected because someone else claimed her daughter. Father denies it but we are sure it was him. What can she do.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
2/14/2016
Tax Professional: Mark D, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent

If your daughter was the correct person to claim her, she should file the return manually. The IRS will them examine both returns with the claim for the child and determine who should have originally. They may ask for more information as well. The return can no longer be efiled.

You should also call the IRS at 1-***-***-**** and inform them of the situation

Hello, please rate my response if that answered your question.

Did that clarify my answer? If so please rate as that is how I am paid.

Hello, did that answer your question? Please rate if so.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you.

Thanks you, please accept and rate my service, that is how I am paid.

Mark D
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent