Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

IRS Form FBAR FinCEN 114 he situation is I have a foreign…

Customer Question
IRS Form FBAR FinCEN 114 he...
IRS Form FBAR FinCEN 114
he situation is I have a foreign account but it is for my business. It was there just as a flow in the middle to pay the foreign suppliers. It is just a regular foreign checking account under my name. My business was a sole owner small business and not easy to open a business account in the designated country at the time. The questions is
so I believe it should be under "No Financial Interest Account Information." section ?
if yes, can the filler and account owner be the same in this case and what to put in Line #43 "Filer's title with this owner" ? (thinking of "Self")
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/13/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 years ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Because you are the owner of the foreign account, you would file FinCEN Form 114 if the balance in the account was over $10,000 at any time during 2015.

Leave Line #43 blank.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb