How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29574
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is concerning 1099-R, I have permanent and total

Customer Question

Hi, my question is concerning 1099-R, I have permanent and total disability and box 2a is unknown, do I pay taxes on this money?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have no income except social security and was disabled while serving in the marines.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

If you are permanently and totally disabled - that means - you woudl not have any early distribution penalty.

However most likely that distribution is include into your gross income.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Please provide total amount on your social security benefits and total amount of your pension.

I will determined your estimated tax liability in any.


I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.