Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My question is concerning 1099-R, I have permanent and total

Customer Question
Hi, my question is concerning...
Hi, my question is concerning 1099-R, I have permanent and total disability and box 2a is unknown, do I pay taxes on this money?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have no income except social security and was disabled while serving in the marines.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
2/13/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

If you are permanently and totally disabled - that means - you woudl not have any early distribution penalty.

However most likely that distribution is include into your gross income.

Please provide total amount on your social security benefits and total amount of your pension.

I will determined your estimated tax liability in any.

.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor