How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask R. Klein, EA Your Own Question
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3375
Experience:  Over 20 Years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
R. Klein, EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ok I will be happy to pay if someone is willing to apply on

Customer Question

Ok I will be happy to pay if someone is willing to apply on the IRS website for an EIN for my LLC.
The website allows for online applications done by third parties hence Im asking this here.
I own an LLC and have an ITIN number as a foreigner and I do not have a SSN.
However the IRS online application that generates the EIN numbers allows me to apply with an ITIN but i keep getting an error message 102.
I file as a disregarded entity, Im trying to gen an an EIN for my LLC to cash a check and I cannot open an account without an EIN for my LLC.
So I will be happy to pay and provide my ITIN number and LLC name so long as someone can provide me with an EIN number right away as the IRS website claims it does.
Otherwise I don't need any other advice, I need an EIN for my LLC.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax. I can provide the service.

I'll need to post an Offer of Additional Service, which will allow for a private link to get the materials needed and to privately transmit your EIN.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure what do you need from me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My accountant was willing however since its free online I was hoping for a better deal since it wont co-operate with me. Let me know
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Accept my offer, and pay the price increase I ask.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I appreciate the offer however my accountant was willing for 75, I was hoping for less but thank you for your time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
$50 dollars to anyone interested and contingent to an EIN
Expert:  Jason M. Tyra, CPA replied 1 year ago.

Ok, $50

Expert:  Jason M. Tyra, CPA replied 1 year ago.

You should be aware that the EIN system is only available Monday through Friday from 0700 to 2200 EST. The earliest this could be done is Monday (unless they are closed for the holiday).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good but so you know i keep getting error 102 but my info is correct. Where can i send you my llc and itin info?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please confirm as I need this done tomorrow morning, thanks
Expert:  Jason M. Tyra, CPA replied 1 year ago.

Hi There-

I had to opt out of this. The IRS does not allow a third party to do this without a signed Form SS-4, which we wouldn't be able to file before your timeline. If you are having a hard time getting the website to work for you, then you may need to use one of the other methods available here-

Best of luck...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's strange, when I went through the process it clearly ask if Im the person or a third person.
Expert:  R. Klein, EA replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Another Expert here.

Error Code 102 indicates that a party on the application has a mismatch with information provided to the IRS. This might be your name and SSN don't match the records if you are the primary business owner. It could be something slightly different.

In any case, when you get a Code 102, it cannot be resolved online. It WILL require a phone call at the least (with hold times typically an hour or more) and even then it still may require written correspondence before an EIN can be issued.

In any case, yes, a third-party rep like an EA or CPA CAN assist you, but once you have received the error code once, you will not be eligible to finish online, so it is likely to take at least 2 billable hours MINIMUM to straighten this out with assistance.

Since the website here takes a cut of any fees quoted herein, I would venture to guess that nobody will lowball this job for $50 or $75. But at least you should be informed as to why the cost is higher than "free" or some nominal amount. It will take some work by an experienced professional, or you certainly are "free" to attack this on your own, but it will required mailed correspondence and more than a few days to resolve, I'm afraid.

I hope this makes it a little more understandable.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I called the IRS and said there website has some conflicts with ITIN numbers..So I applied by mail. Thanks for the info