Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How do I get a letter from The IRS stating I am in good

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get a letter from The IRS stating I am in good standing with no tax liens or other encumbrances?

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I'm applying for a position in Haiti and the ministry wants something in writing indicating I don't owe taxes, etc.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/12/2016
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 2 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Q: How do I get a letter from The IRS stating I am in good standing with no tax liens or other encumbrances?

A: To the best of my knowledge, the IRS does not have such a document. The closest thing that the IRS has to what you are looking for is a record of account transcript. However, the record of account transcript only shows certain information. You can refer to the following webpage to see what information is reflected on the record of account transcript.

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Tax-Return-Transcript-Types-and-Ways-to-Order-Them

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant