Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How do I get a letter from The IRS stating I am in good

Customer Question
standing with no tax liens...
How do I get a letter from The IRS stating I am in good standing with no tax liens or other encumbrances?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm applying for a position in Haiti and the ministry wants something in writing indicating I don't owe taxes, etc.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
2/12/2016
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 1 year ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Q: How do I get a letter from The IRS stating I am in good standing with no tax liens or other encumbrances?

A: To the best of my knowledge, the IRS does not have such a document. The closest thing that the IRS has to what you are looking for is a record of account transcript. However, the record of account transcript only shows certain information. You can refer to the following webpage to see what information is reflected on the record of account transcript.

https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Tax-Return-Transcript-Types-and-Ways-to-Order-Them

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant