Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Sold mothers home through an Irrevocable Trust in 2015. and…

Customer Question
Hi, Sold mothers home through...
Hi, Sold mothers home through an Irrevocable Trust in 2015. I am Trustee and 1/3 beneficiary.
Will I owe Capital Gains taxes ? (Estate = zero no assets)
are there any exemptions for inherited property sold from the trust eliminating Caital Gains ?
(I have not received a 1099 ?)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/12/2016
Tax Professional: Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert replied 2 years ago
Stephen G.
Stephen G., Sr Income Tax Expert

Was this a revocable living trust while your mother was alive?

When did your mother die?

If it was irrevocable from the beginning, when was it formed and did your mother remain in her home until she died or until she had to take up residence in a Nursing Home?