Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
Experience:  Enrolled Agent with 25 Years Experience specializing Individual and Small Businesses
5242771

I am 63 years old. If I take money on my Roth IRA, will I

Customer Question

I am 63 years old. If I take money on my Roth IRA, will I have to pay taxes?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Anne replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 27 years, and I'll be helping you today.

Although you may withdraw your contributions any time tax free, If it has been at least 5 y ears from the beginning of year you first set up and contributed to your Roth IRA, then any distribution will be tax free.

If you have further questions, please post them here & I'll be notified.

If this answer has helped you, please take the time to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge.

Thank you for choosing justanswer.

Expert:  Anne replied 1 year ago.

I see you read my answer but didn't yet rate it.

Like all of the tax experts here, I strive to give excellent service here. Do you have any further questions, or do you need clarification on this matter?

Although I know that rating takes a little extra time, I would really appreciate it if you would rate my answer