Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I purchased my 2015 Turbo Tax, but first I need to fix my…

Customer Question
I purchased my 2015 Turbo...
I purchased my 2015 Turbo Tax , but first I need to fix my 2014 return which has been prepared in Turbo Tax Home & Business, but has not been filed. It's still on my computer & editing is available. I was waiting for info that I needed & just received. It causes me to need to edit the "Less Common Income" section, at the bottom under, Misc income. I put in $53,750. but now, I did not actually get the funds (court fight), and need to make that number zero.
I followed all the steps, but I can't figure out how to actually access the line where I can edit the number.
Thanks,
Gordon
cell(###) ###-####
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/10/2016
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi Gordon,

...

have you tried this?

...

• Switch to Forms Mode and open the form that contains the line item you want to override.
  • Right-click the line item and select Override.
    • On the Mac, choose Override from the Edit menu in TurboTax.
  • Enter the value; it will turn red.
  • Switch back to the interview by clicking Step-by-Step in the upper right corner.