Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What is depreciable life repaving on a commercial property?

Customer Question
What is depreciable life...

What is depreciable life for driveway repaving on a commercial property?

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

What do you want to know?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
already gave credit card info. Ready to quit this entire exercise.
2/4/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Certain improvements made directly to land or added to it (such as shrubbery, fences, roads, sidewalks, and bridges) are depreciated over 15 years - Recovery Period under GDS (MACRS).
See page 100 in IRS publication 946

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p946.pdf

That woudl be Asset Class = 00.3 - Land Improvements.

Questions?

As stated above land improvements are depreciable, and the recovery period under the general depreciation system assigns a 15-year.

However while that is less-common - you may choose to use an alternative depreciation system, and under that system - you will depreciate land improvements over a 20-year period, instead.

.
I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor