How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29933
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband passed away on December 6, 2014. I have been

Customer Question

My husband passed away on December 6, 2014. I have been paying 255.00 a month on taxes. I honestly can't afford this any more. What can I do about this. i work a public job and my taxes break even.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for your situation.

If these payments are related to previously agreed installment payment plan - and your situation changed after that - you may go back to the IRS and ask to modify that installment agreement.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

Another option - if because of financial hardship you are not able to pay your tax obligations - you might ask the IRS to assigned currently not collectible (CNC) status to your tax account. If the IRS agrees - that will postpone further collection action, but that will not resolve your underlying tax issue...

Let me know if you need additional details regarding that status

Otherwise -
I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.