Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Jesusa
, If I took out an in-service withdrawal from my…

Customer Question
If I took out...

If I took out an in-service withdrawal from my 401k and paid the Federal taxes and state taxes does the income be included in my gross income for tax purposes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/3/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

Yes, even though tax was withheld on both the federal and state level, the distribution is required to still be reported on your return and is added to your income.

The tax withheld is also reported so you receive payment credit for the taxes withheld.

When you actively click on a rating and click submit, that lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for the time.