Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Is www.irs.gov.confirm44id.us a valid Internal Revenue

Customer Question
Website. I have a...
Is www.irs.gov.confirm44id.us a valid Internal Revenue Website. I have a tax client who received a text on his cell phone telling him he had to verify his identity with the IRS at this website. I believe it is another scam as I don't believe the IRS has cell phone numbers. Would someone be able to verify this for me. My e-mail address is: ***@******.***. We have not e-filed his taxes this season.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
2/1/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

The IRS does not send e-mails. The IRS gets many reports of fake websites like this. Criminals use these sites to lure people into providing personal and financial information that may be used to steal the victim’s money or identity. ‪

That is a deceptive site!

I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!
You have to actively click on a rating (OK or Better) and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
When you actively click on a rating and click submit, that lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for the time.

After you view my response, please post below

Checking back to see if you read my answer

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4