Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Assuming I have met the threshold deductions, how can I

Customer Question
Assuming I have met the...
Assuming I have met the threshold for itemizing deductions, how can I determine (or estimate) the value of each additional dollar of deductible expense? I need to decide it is worthwhile to bother with getting a new copy of a lost receipt, etc.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
2/1/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

That is based on your marginal tax bracket.
See here 2015 tax rate schedule

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/tax-brackets.aspx

For instance - if you are Single and your taxable income (after deductions) is $40,000 - you are in 25% tax bracket (from $37,451 to $90,750) - and every additional dollar in deductions will reduce your tax liability by 25 cents.

.
I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.