How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4676
Experience:  35 years tax experience, including four years at a Big 4 firm.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Regarding our conversation here They emptied s bank account

Customer Question

For PDTax - regarding our conversation here emptied his bank account a couple of days ago and put a hold on the account.
He knows there's no way he owed 3k for 2009 (who winds up owing 3k to state for 1 year anyway? he's just a working guy), he's looking for his w2 now. When we file for 2009 if it's less than what they are saying what will we need to do to stop them from taking his money.Also you said they would have to get a court order from GA to do something like this in our last convo.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi again. PDtax here. Thanks for asking the follow-up question.

I'll have to review the old question, but this looks like you need surviving advice to try and stop the seizure.

I will make an offer for 3/4 hour of professional time to assist. Accept, and we can work on this tonight.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
While I dont doubt that you deserve what you're asking, I definitely cannot afford it. We're struggling on a one-income household right now, the money he had in the bank (300) was for his daughter who is due with a baby any day now. He's looking for work and saved this up off of odd jobs. He can't even close or use the account now. They want him to pay 600 and then 195 a month for something he's not even sure he owes. Whatever advice you can give would be appreciated, even if its not over 200 dollars worth. :(
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

When I looked at your original question it seemed that this was threatened cross border collection. Which meant that the states had to have a cross border collection agreement or that your state would have to honor the states warrant trying to collect. Which is what I said.

Now, there has been a seizure and collection demand or negotiations.

While a review of your case is certainly worth the price I asked, I will help for the price of an Answer.

Look up his work records, and evaluate the claim from the other state.

And, as far as the collection negotiations, since he isn't working, do nothing. There isn't any wage income to pursue, and you don't report any unemployment income.

Without an income, they can't collect anything, and that will give the time you need to look into things further.

Thanks again for using just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.