Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Thank you. I work Marketing Services and Staffing as a W-2…

Customer Question
Hello and thank you...

Hello and thank you. I work for Paladin Marketing Services and Staffing as a W-2 employee but I work full time on-site at Paladin's client where I am considered a contractor. I receive no benefits -- can I deduct the cost of my health insurance premiums? ***** *****

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Hello and thank you. I work for Paladin Marketing Services and Staffing as a W-2 employee but I work full time on-site at Paladin's client where I am considered a contractor. I receive no benefits -- can I deduct the cost of my health insurance premiums?Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/tax/428tt-w2-contractor-tax-deductions.html#ixzz3ylja3zjf

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/30/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

As you are an employee you may not deduct health insurance premiums as a self-employed person.
However you may deduct that cost with other medical expenses on schedule A line 1.