Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I sent out my W-2's 4 employees and submitted the forms to

Customer Question
I sent out my W-2's...
I sent out my W-2's for my 4 employees and submitted the forms to IRS. I had trouble with some of the employee files and I sent one W-2 out and submitted it while working on the other issue. I noticed on the one file submitted to IRS that in the box for form 941 or 944 etc., that I clicked 941 when I actually file 944. The other 3 files say 944. Will this be a problem with IRS and if so how do I correct it other than waiting on hole for hours with IRS like I did today and gave up?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
1/30/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

As long as the totals and withholdings are correct it is not a big problem but you still should correct it. You will file a corrected W3, W-3c. Here's the form

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw3c.pdf but you will need to order an original from IRS or from a store supply store like Staples. You cannot use the printout. To get it from IRS, you can order it here:

https://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Online-Ordering-for-Information-Returns-and-Employer-Returns

W3c is under Employer products (scroll down)

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney