Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Experience:  10 years experience
16356563

What is the cut off date of individual person income tax

Customer Question

What is the cut off date for lodgement of individual person income tax return for 30 June 2015. I have discovered an error in tax deducted by one of my employers. I now have as tax debt. Will I incur a penalty.
I am ready to lodge now.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 1 year ago.

Q1: What is the cut off date for lodgement of individual person income tax return for 30 June 2015.

A1: October 31st since you are lodging your own return.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Lodging-your-tax-return/

-------------------------------

Q2: Will I incur a penalty.

A2: Are yu asking if you will incur a penalty for not filing or for the amount that is owed? Please clarify.

----------------------------------------

I just became aware that from 1/28 - 1/31, there might have been a technical issue that wouldn't allow you to respond or rate my answer when I answered your question. Let me know if you require further information regarding this matter and if you attempted to respond or rate and was unable to. If there was a technical issue, please tell me what the issue was so that I can report it.