Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

May name is ***** ***** & I just recieved a 1099-R form and

Customer Question
Hi may name is *****...
Hi may name is ***** ***** & I just recieved a 1099-R form and am nervous about what it will do to my taxes and how much it may be
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Okay,I recieved an check last year from a vested benefit plan that was just discovered from my late husbands retirement plan,it was one sum payment,and now I just recieved a 1099-R for that amount & am concerned
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
1/28/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Hi and welcome to our site!

You will need include that amount into your tax return.

On form 1040 - you need to report
line 16a - from 1099R box 1 - total distribution
line 16b - from 1099R box 2a - taxable part of distribution - in most cases it is equals to box 1.
line 64 - from 1099R box 4 - that how the amount of tax withheld is credited!
Let me know if you need help to estimate your possible tax liability.

.
I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor