How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29798
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Waiver notice from IRS defiencey letter taxes but we in

Customer Question

waiver notice from IRS defiencey letter for 2013 taxes but we in bankruptcy
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: can I file a tax return this year
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: income of ss was differnet and debt form some company
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

You may file your 2015 tax return - that is not an issue...

However if you are due a refund - please be aware that any refund will be garnished.

If you file for the bankruptcy protection - that would not automatically provide a relief from all tax debts.

You must specifically include these debts into your bankruptcy case.

If the income tax debt meets all five of these rules, then the tax debt is discharged in bankruptcy petitions.

-The due date for filing a tax return is at least three years ago.

-The tax return was filed at least two years ago.

-The tax assessment is at least 240 days old.

-The tax return was not fraudulent.

-The taxpayer is not guilty of tax evasion.

Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.


If your tax debt doesn't qualify for the discharge - you might need to look for different options or to set an installment payment plan with the IRS.


I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.