Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Ed, my name is ***** *****
, My Company transfer one…

Customer Question
Hi Ed, my name...

Hi Ed, my name is ***** *****

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My Company transfer one employee from France to California, they have the L1A visa, and I confused about how to setup his Payroll taxes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/27/2016
Tax Professional: Mark D, Enrolled Agent replied 2 years ago
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent

Hello, a worker on a L1 visa is subject to all the same payroll and income taxes or a regular worker.

"he income in the U.S. is subject to FICA (Social Security and Medicare) taxes and income taxes, and the days in the U.S. count towards the Substantial Presence Test SPT."

http://taxipay.blogspot.com/2008/08/us-visas.html

Did that solve your question?

How about CA Taxes?

Yes, CA taxes as well (SUI, ETT, SDI)

My Payroll Company said that I need to put 99 allownce

That affects income tax, not payroll taxes.

Mark, Thank you so much for this information. One more think to setup his Payroll taxes in our Payroll Systems, Should I need to put NRA, NRM, or nothing...Or yes Only single or Married?

Nothing special, just an indication of what income tax withholding he wants (W4 and DE4)

Mark, you are the best!!..I think this is my final question ...he filled out W4 and the I-9 forms and he add Married and 2. Does he needs to fill out DE4 form?

Yes. If he doesn't, you would use the same info he put on his W4.

Great!! Thank you so much!

Pleasure. Please rate my service

Hello, please rate to close out this request