Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My name is ***** *****, My husband died on March 1 2015 and…

Customer Question
Hi , My name...

Hi , My name is ***** *****, My husband died on March 1 2015 and left only credit card debt a home, in both our names and a an11 year old rickety car. I used life insurance, I was beneficiary to pay off debt and funeral, but when I call to inform his credit card company, his name only they told me that I was not obligated to pay, Now I have 1099 for that forgiveness. do I file joint taxes and pay tax on that?

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Like what

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/26/2016
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 2 years ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a bit more information? In what state do you reside? Thanks.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney