Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am on a disability pension total and permanent disability…

Customer Question
I am on a disability...
I am on a disability pension for a total and permanent disability from the Ohio Public Employees Retirement system . I received 52000 dollars for 2015 , which included 1 year of back disability payments . This is the only retirement system I have , outside of a very small amount os Social Security I will receive at age 65. Approximately how much will I owe in Federal taxes for 2015 ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/26/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

If your 2015 taxable income is $52,000 - assuming you are single, standard deduction, below 65, no dependents and no other deduction or credits,

Your estimated federal income tax liability is approximately $6200

The issue is that your social security benefits will be partially taxable and that might slightly increase your tax liability.

Please be sure that you requested income taxes to be withheld from your payments.

.
I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you with all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor