How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I moved from California to on April,27 2015. Based on W2, My

Customer Question

I moved from California to Washington on April,27 2015. Based on W2,
My California income - $43,816
Washington Income - $113,768(No State Tax)
My withheld state CA tax amount in W2 is $3333. What is my actual California State tax? Do you think I'll get a refund?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If your only income is your job and your filing status is single, you overpaid your CA taxes by about 2K. Your estimated CA tax liability is about $1375 (3333-1375 = 1958).