Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I wanted to know if an EFIN was active?
, tax preparer…

Customer Question
I wanted to know...

I wanted to know if an EFIN was active?

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I am A tax preparer and am resolving an issue w the IRS now I recieve a notice barley today dated May 15 2015 that my review is being sent back for appeals but I started filing returns and they are being accepted by the IRS Im just concerned on the status?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/23/2016
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 2 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

If you are e-filing returns and they are being accepted, your EFIN is active. To verify whether the EFIN is active online, you can sign into your e-services account if you have one or create one. You may be able to obtain this information via telephone as well by calling the e-services help desk, however, as providing this information over the telephone is not very secure they may not provide that information over the telephone.

---------------------------------------------

E-Services login/registration:

https://www.irs.gov/Tax-Professionals/e-services---Online-Tools-for-Tax-Professionals

E-Services help desk #:

1-***-***-**** (Mon-Fri.)

Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.