Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

There was no "allocation", obviously a possibly serious

Customer Question
mistake on my part....
There was no "allocation", obviously a possibly serious mistake on my part. What do you recommend I do now?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/22/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

That must be corrected.... There is no choice.

I assumed that is A-B type trust - but that must be verified.

Please see here HOW A_B trust works.

http://www.finweb.com/retirement/ab-trusts.html

The trust document states that when the first spouse dies, the AB trust must be split into two separate trusts: Trust A will contain the deceased spouse's property, and Trust B will hold the property of the surviving spouse.

So far - if that allocation was NOT made - you would need to correct that and do allocation as soon as possible.

.
I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.
Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.
If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.
I am here to help you will all tax related issues.

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor