Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I made a careless mistake on form 709. I did not enter any…

Customer Question
I made a careless mistake...
I made a careless mistake on form 709. I did not enter any numbers on lines 7,9, 0r 11. I simply took the credit on lines 12 and 13. Of course, the IRS changed lines 12 and 13 to -0-, thus eliminating any credit and causing the whole tax to become payable. As soon as I got the notice, I filed an amended return, filling in lines 7,9, and 11. Is there anything else I should do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/21/2016
Tax Professional: Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent replied 2 years ago
Phillip B, EA
Phillip B, EA, Enrolled Agent

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com! I will do my best to answer your tax question based on the information that you have provided.

If you have filed an amended return that has corrected the errors with the first return, then you have done all you can for the time being. The IRS will send a letter explaining what they did with the amended return 2-3 months from the time you submitted the amended return. If there are problems that arise from the IRS response letter, please come back and I will you sort them out.

If this answers your question, please rate my performance between OK and Excellent service so that I receive credit for my work. Let me know if there are any further questions. Thanks for your business.