Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I live overseas and paid a few months in Ca taxes before I…

Customer Question
Hi i live overseas and paid...
Hi
i live overseas and paid a few months in Ca taxes before I asked my work that I am exempt as the Ca resident living overseas. How do I claim the money already paid t the state of CA
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/21/2016
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 2 years ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

I hold a JD (Juris Doctorate, a doctoral degree in the law), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial & tax advice since 1986

...

Hi - I can help here

...

You'll need to file a CA non-resident return showing no California source income ... then in the section where you include the withholding as a payment, that will generate a refund of everything withheld.

...

Let me know what questions you have

...

Lane

..

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going.

...

Did my answer help?

...

Let me know…

...

Thanks

Lane