How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15731
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are an amusement machine company (Pool tables, video

Customer Question

We are an amusement machine company (Pool tables, video games etc. My customers fill out the forms in many ways. Some are s corps, c corps, llc, partnerships or individual ownerships. Which of these corps must I file for. Over $600. yes, but which ones?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


Sometimes it may be easier to read the short list, who not to send one to.

A corporation (including a limited liability company (LLC) that is treated as a C or S Corporation)

So in your situation if they mark on the W9 that they are a C or S corp do not issue one.

After you view my response, please post below if you need more information or if you need no further clarification a positive rating is appreciated.
I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about partnerships, What about fire company clubs, vfw clubs, American legion clubs.
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

If they are an exempt organization they do not get a 1099MISC.

The partnership yes.

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Please advise if you need more information