Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My name is ***** *****. I filed 3 quarterly 941's with the…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. I filed 3 quarterly 941's for 2015 with the wrong EIN. The first quarter one was correct. The payroll taxes were all deposited under the correct EIN. I have not yet filed the W-2's for 2015. I am wondering about the proper way to correct my error.

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

1st Quarter 941 filed correctly with correct EIN 2nd quarter- 4th Quarter 941 filed with incorrect EIN. All tax deposits were made under the correct EIN. I have not yet file the W-2's for 2015. I am wondering about the proper way to correct my mistake for the 2nd - 4th quarter 941's.

Accountant's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/20/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

You will need to use form 941X to make corrections for previously filed form 941

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f941x.pdf

Use a separate Form 941-X for each Form 941 that you are correcting. For example, if you found errors on your Forms 941 for the third and fourth quarters of 2014, file one Form 941-X to correct the 2014 third quarter Form 941. File a second Form 941-X to correct the 2014 fourth quarter Form 941.

In Part 4 line 23 - provide explanation of your changes.

Any questions?

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor