Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

My name is ***** *****. I filed 3 quarterly 941's with the

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I filed 3 quarterly 941's for 2015 with the wrong EIN. The first quarter one was correct. The payroll taxes were all deposited under the correct EIN. I have not yet filed the W-2's for 2015. I am wondering about the proper way to correct my error.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 1st Quarter 941 filed correctly with correct EIN 2nd quarter- 4th Quarter 941 filed with incorrect EIN. All tax deposits were made under the correct EIN. I have not yet file the W-2's for 2015. I am wondering about the proper way to correct my mistake for the 2nd - 4th quarter 941's.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.

You will need to use form 941X to make corrections for previously filed form 941

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f941x.pdf

Use a separate Form 941-X for each Form 941 that you are correcting. For example, if you found errors on your Forms 941 for the third and fourth quarters of 2014, file one Form 941-X to correct the 2014 third quarter Form 941. File a second Form 941-X to correct the 2014 fourth quarter Form 941.

In Part 4 line 23 - provide explanation of your changes.

Any questions?