Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Setting up a bank account class reunino
, I need to get…

Customer Question
Setting up a bank...

Setting up a bank account for my class reunino

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I need to get an EIN and i am not seeing the option for "clubs" we dont want to set up a company for this one event we just want to be able to have an account so people can pay their fees for the event

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/19/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

Your group would be a Social Club.

Apply as a Social or Savings Club for an EIN online if:

• Your organized club's purpose is for pleasure, recreation, and other similar non-profit objectives, such as art groups, hiking clubs, sailing clubs, etc.; or
  • Your organized club's purpose is to help your members to save money on purchases, such as airline and cruise savings, grocery savings, etc.; and
  • Your club requires an EIN for banking purposes or to satisfy local law.

Look to see if you do not see the designation Social Club and let me know.

After you view my response, please post below if you need more information or if you need no further clarification a positive rating is appreciated.
I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!