Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My name is ***** ***** Guibor, Ophthalmonology &

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** Guibor, Ophthalmonology & Oculoplastic Surgeon. We are applying to re-certify to be a provider for Medicaid patients. We need 147C letter from IRS. Can you help us?

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

We received letter and forms from Department of Human Services to re-certify be one of the their providers. They require us to obtain form 147C from IRS.

Accountant's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/19/2016
Tax Professional: JKCPA, CPA replied 2 years ago
JKCPA
JKCPA, CPA

Thanks for your question.

If you don't have your original CP575 notice that IRS sent assigning your EIN, you will need to call IRS to get a Letter 147C issued to you. The Letter 147C will confirm your EIN. The IRS business help line can help you at 1-***-***-****. The hours of operation are 7a.m.-10p.m. local time, Monday-Friday. Unfortunately, there is no way to request the 147C letter online or by e-mail at this time.

You may send a written request for the letter 147C but it would be faster to call and request on the phone. If you send a written request, write to the IRS service center where you file your tax return, Attn: Entity Section, and ask for IRS letter 147C, "EIN Previously Assigned". If you have it, you must enclose a copy of the second "B" notice with your request.

If you do not have a "B" notice, then include a letter stating the reason for your request.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,