Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

I NEEDMY OLD EFIN # BACK IN BUSINESS AND NEED IT PROGRAM?

Customer Question

I NEEDMY OLD EFIN # ***** AM GOING BACK IN BUSINESS AND NEED IT FOR A PROGRAM?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

If you previously received an EIN for your business, but have since misplaced it, try any or all of the following actions to locate the number:

• Find the computer-generated notice that was issued by the IRS when you applied for your EIN. This notice is issued as a confirmation of your application for, and receipt of an EIN.
  • If you used your EIN to open a bank account, or apply for any type of state or local license, you should contact the bank or agency to secure your EIN.
  • Find a previously filed tax return for your existing entity (if you have filed a return) for which you have your lost or misplaced EIN. Your previously filed return should be notated with your EIN.
  • Ask the IRS to search for your EIN by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at (800)(###) ###-####/strong>. The hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. An assistor will ask you for identifying information and provide the number to you over the telephone, as long as you are a person who is authorized to receive it.

After you view my response, please post below if you need more information or if you need no further clarification a positive rating is appreciated.
I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Please advise if you need more information

Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

Were you able to get the EIN you asked about?