How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15328
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Mr Mequo
, I am looking w2s from 1986 to 1992

Customer Question

Customer: Dear Mr Mequo
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am looking for my w2s from 1986 to 1992 because i want to submit it to US embassy and I would like to know how much it will cost ths thomas kouper
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.


If you are looking for copies of your past W2s you can request those form Social Security. The SSA can give you copies/printouts of your Forms W-2 for any year from 1978 to the present.

You can get free copies if you need them for a Social Security-related reason. But there is a fee of $37 for each year if you need them for an unrelated reason.

The Internal Revenue Service will give you W-2s free if you ask for them for a tax-related purpose. The charge also but would not be able to go back as far as you require so SSA would be your best option.

Send your request with a check or money order payable to the Social Security Administration. Please include your Social Security number on the check or money order. You also can pay with a credit card by completing Form-714. Regular credit card rules apply.

Please send your request to:

Social Security Administration
Office of Central Operations
Division of Earnings Record Operations
P.O. Box 33003
Baltimore, MD###-##-####/p>

After you view my response, please post below if you need more information or if you need no further clarification a positive rating is appreciated.
I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!