Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Dear Mr Mequo
, I am looking w2s from 1986 to 1992

Customer Question
Dear Mr Mequo...

Dear Mr Mequo

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I am looking for my w2s from 1986 to 1992 because i want to submit it to US embassy and I would like to know how much it will cost ths thomas kouper

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Tax
1/19/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello

If you are looking for copies of your past W2s you can request those form Social Security. The SSA can give you copies/printouts of your Forms W-2 for any year from 1978 to the present.

You can get free copies if you need them for a Social Security-related reason. But there is a fee of $37 for each year if you need them for an unrelated reason.

The Internal Revenue Service will give you W-2s free if you ask for them for a tax-related purpose. The charge also but would not be able to go back as far as you require so SSA would be your best option.

Send your request with a check or money order payable to the Social Security Administration. Please include your Social Security number on the check or money order. You also can pay with a credit card by completing Form-714. Regular credit card rules apply.

Please send your request to:

Social Security Administration
Office of Central Operations
Division of Earnings Record Operations
P.O. Box 33003
Baltimore, MD###-##-####/p>

After you view my response, please post below if you need more information or if you need no further clarification a positive rating is appreciated.
I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!